Leather fashion and wool are considered to be the most common options when it comes to winter wear. Both fabric materials have been popular since ancient times and both have managed to survive the test of time. To help you decide the best option for your needs take a quick look at our list of the pros and cons when it comes to wool coats and premium leather jackets below.
Pros and Cons of Wool Coats
- Woolen fabric keeps you warm and cozy during the cold months by creating air pockets to facilitate natural insulation. At the same time, wool coats also make sure that your body stays cool and fresh during warmer days.
- Wool coats are lightweight, but feature supreme resistance to the usual wear and tear experienced by winter clothes. This makes it an ideal option for casual wear while ensuring optimal comfort level.
- Woolen fabrics do not absorb moisture, which can help make sure that your wool coats stay free from mold even when stored for a long period of time. They also have a natural tendency to repel both dust and dirt, making it a great advantage for people suffering from breathing conditions and allergies.
The main drawback of opting for wool coats is that it can be a bit difficult to clean and maintain them. This is because washing and drying woolen clothes in a washing machine can make the clothing shrink if you’re not careful. Not only that, but some woolen fabrics feel slightly rough on the body. This trait can cause some discomfort for people who have sensitive skin.
Pros and Cons of Leather Jackets
- Leather is known for its supreme durability and long life which makes it a great investment option. Leather jackets are resistant to wear and tear and can last for many years while still maintaining their original shine and appeal.
- Leather jackets are always stylish and trendy. You can wear a leather jacket to any occasion whether it’s to a club, a casual party, or a semi-formal business meeting. Leather jackets are elegant and can easily enhance the character of any attire right away.
- Leather is a naturally-sourced fabric material which makes it a good option for those who prefer to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle. Leather jackets retain their natural characteristics all through their life and remain free from most of the toxins that are seen in other winter clothes.
Leather jackets not only make sure that you look nice and classy but also ensure that you are comfortable all day long. Their soft feel, suppleness, and flexibility suit all seasons as well which makes them one of the most versatile clothing options today. The only drawback of leather jackets is that they can be a bit expensive due to the extensive process that goes into making a top-quality leather jacket.